A playground for my inner Ralph Wiggum.

Monday, February 23

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Why am I getting stupider? Wait , more stupid, shit I can't remember!
Today's Ponderation--> What is it that is causing the accelerating loss of knowledge that I have been experiencing lately and what might I do to stop it? Lets review some of the key facts:

Frightening Fact #1: I used to speak Spanish, almost fluently, not 4 years ago. I now know approximately 5 Spanish words.
F.F. #2: I once wrote a six page paper describing the craniofacial structure of a 12,000 year old human skull. Earlier today I attempted a blog posting that went something like this: Today was a day that was okay. Having a blog is sort of weird. It would be cool if there was more to do at my house. Work isn't very cool. That took me thirty minutes to write. I feel dirty even mentioning it here.
F.F. #3: I have greatly decreased my intake of knowledge and information and greatly increased my intake of alcohol and other "substances" since graduating from college.
F.F. #4: I won't be attending grad school for at least another year. If I don't do something soon, who knows what my brain will be like by then?
So, how do I keep from becoming a moron? I think I have a few possible solutions:
1. Relearn (is that a real word?) Spanish. Not only will this help me out in the job market, but I'd also fulfill my father's lifetime dream of me being able to communicate in Spanish with the waiters at Mexican restaurants.
2. Stop killing my brain cells. I need them. Obviously.
3. Instead of sleeping, I should start reading the dictionary.
4. Reread some of my college textbooks (my history of rock and roll book doesn't count) and maybe I'd actually get my moneys worth out of them as well.
Well, now that I've figured out a plan I can go play solitaire on the computer for three hours!! Yaaaaay!
Tune in for tomorrow's thrilling episode:
"Learning is Fun Duh Mental" or "Stupid is as Stupid Does"




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?